Thursday, November 18, 2010

Don't Try This at Home (or at a Motel)

Santa Cruz, CA.

    On Election Day I returned from Tempe, AZ, with my new camper and returned to the same motel where I had previously stayed most often. In turning into a diagonal parking spot I turned wide -- but then the eaves of the motel jumped in front of my camper.
    The resounding CRUNCH caused me to hit the brakes ASAP; however, by then the damage was done -- as you can see in the accompanying photo. In my high school days this was called "Kustom by Krunch."

    Here's the damage to the eaves of the Hitching Post Motel at 1717 Soquel Avenue. Once the owner saw the damage he said his handyman could repair it for $50. [He could have easily "held up" my insurance company by claiming the damage was severe; to his credit, he did not.]

No comments:

Post a Comment