Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Flood Waters

Flood Waters Sevierville, TN, Library


    Each time I checked the weather forecast for Texarkana, AR, there were Flood Watches or Flood Warnings along with the forecast because of flooding on the Red River. But finally I decided to head east, crossing into Arkansas on 8 Jun 2015, which is when these photos were taken.

 


    When I crossed the Red River my camera was still in my camper and I missed a chance to take photos of a business near the Red River bridge where the water was between the tops of the windows and the roof.

    But when I crossed the Ouachita River I used the next extra lanes near a wildlife refuge to retrieve my camera from my camper. I drove back to the bridge and took some photos while driving and a few others while there was no traffic and I was able to stop at the top of the bridge.

 

 

 



    The flooding is most clear in this photo, which I'm guessing was taken from the crest of the bridge.

 

 

 

 


[Return to the top of the page]
Links:
  • Felsenthal National Wildlife Refuge website


  • Routes:

    Su 21 Jun Actual Route: Hendersonville W/M - Hm Depot -Big Lots - Walmart

    M 22 Jun Actual Route: Hendersonville W/M - Four Seasons Ford - Waynesville W/M

    T 23 Jun Actual Route: Waynesville W/M - Ashville, NC, VA Hosp - Blue Ridge Parkway - Marshall, NC, W/M

    W 24 Jun Actual Route: Marshall, NC, W/M - Ashville - Blue Ridge Parkway - Waynesville W/M

    Th 25 Jun Actual Route: Waynesville W/M - Lowe's - Gt Smoky Mtns NP, Pigeon Forge, TN, W/M - Gt Smoky Mtns NP

    F 26 Jun Actual Route: Gt Smoky Mtns NP - Pigeon Forge, TN, W/M - Sevierville Lib - Walmart

    Sa 27 Jun Actual Route: Sevierville, TN, W/M - Lib - Walmart

    Su 28 Jun Actual Route: Sevierville, TN, W/M - Lib - Greeneville, TN, W/M

    M 29 Jun Actual Route: Greeneville, TN, W/M - Lowe's - Johnson City, TN, VA Med Ctr - Lowe's - Johnson City W/M

    T 30 Jun Route: Johnson City, TN, W/M - Lowe's - Johnson City, TN, Bristol, TN - Bristol, VA, Lib - Bristol, VA, W/M


Finding Campgrounds:

N.B. I receive nothing from Trailer Life, Woodalls, or FreeCampsites.net for including links to their free campground lookups.

No comments:

Post a Comment