Sunday, September 20, 2015

Christmas Eve, 2015

Christmas Eve 2015 Del Rio, TX, Walmart

 

 

    The back of my camper as sun begins to set in the west on Christmas Eve at the San Angelo, TX, State Park.

 


     [Photos taken 24 Dec 2015]

 

 

    Panning slightly to the left one sees the water behind the dam of O.C. Fisher lake.

 

 

 

 

    At first I thought about hanging my stocking on the screen door so that Santa couldn't sneak up on me.

    Despite what you may have heard about St. Nick, he's no saint!

    In fact, his big red nose is evidence that he drinks more than milk while he's making his rounds. Some men may put out some hot brandy on the top of the fireplace mantel and, if it's not consumed, they don't let it go to waste.

    If I only had a recording of "Santa, Stay Away from My Door," which is based on Bessie Smith's blues "River Stay Away from My Door."

 

 

 

 

    Given Santa's predilection for strong beverages I decided it would be best to hang my stocking on the outside rather than the inside of my camper's door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

    Here's a close-up of my Christmas Stocking. Perhaps that will discourage him from knocking on my camper's door. Or perhaps that reindeer who apparently also "hits the sauce," [What's his name? Randolph?] won't be able to guide him to my camper.

    And if he gets into my camper and grabs a bottle of wine from my fridge, I'll lay a couple of choruses of Jon Hendricks's "Gimme Dat Wine" on him.

    

 

 


Links:

Routes:
    Problem getting Blogger to display previous [Actual] Routes
    --
  • T 29 Dec Actual Route: Del Rio W/M - Hm Depot - Post Office - Walmart
  • W 30 Dec Actual Route: Del Rio W/M - Hm Depot - Walmart - Lib - McDs - Walmart
  • Th 31 Dec Actual Route: Del Rio W/M - Lib - $ Tree - Walmart
  • F 1 Jan Actual Route: Del Rio W/M - Sonora - El Dorado - San Angelo McDs - Sherwood Way W/M
  • Sa 2 Jan Actual Route: Sherwood Way W/M - Visitor Ctr - Lib - Sherwood Way W/M
  • Su 3 Jan Actual Route: Sherwood Way W/M - Visitor Ctr - Lib - Sherwood Way W/M
  • M 4 Jan Actual Route: Sherwood Way W/M - S/A VA Clinic - Lib - Visitor Ctr - Sherwood Way W/M
  • T 5 Jan Actual Route: Sherwood Way W/M - Lib - $ Tree - Sherwood Way W/M
  • W 6 Jan Actual Route: Sherwood Way W/M - Lib - Visitor Ctr - Sherwood Way W/M
  • Th 7 Jan Actual Route: Sherwood Way W/M - San Angelo State Park
  • F 8 Jan Route: San Angelo SP - Lib - Visitor Ctr - Sherwood Way W/M


Finding Campgrounds:

N.B. I receive nothing from Trailer Life, Woodalls, or FreeCampsites.net for including links to their free campground lookups.

No comments:

Post a Comment