Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Las Cruces to Deming, NM

Deming, NM


    Just past a Border Patrol check point I pulled over and took a couple of shots to the NE and north to get some examples of the mountains in New Mexico. [Click once or twice to zoom in.] Note the typical "Mesa" appearance of many in both photos.

 

 


    Of course, just after I got back in the light to moderate traffic headed west on I-10, I saw a sign which said Emergency Parking Only. Guess I should have pulled off on Corralitos Road -- a name familiar to Santa Cruz County, CA, residents.

 

 


    Finally, my ex-fish buddy didn't tell me of his business operations in other states. (I seem to recall another Gordo's in Arizona also.) The used car & truck lot was located diagonally across the intersection of Diamond and Spruce Steets from the Marshall Memorial Library in Deming.
....
    As for the sign which says "Bad Credit - No Problem," I suspect that he sells the loans to an Italian Collection Agency which has had a long-standing reputation as a very effective business. [:-)>]
--
    We all know where the Golden Spike was driven upon completion of the first transcontinental railway. Where was the Silver Spike driven to interconnect which two railroads into the second transcontinental railway? See the following link for an answer.

Wed 23 Feb Route: Deming - Silver City, NM

No comments:

Post a Comment