Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Two Low-Priced RV Parks

Deming, NM

    The RV park where I'm staying as I write this only charged $17 for a full hookup for 1 night. What attracted me to this park, which is 1 of 3 in Deming as one enters town on Pine Street, was the large number of customers; assumed the price was low and that proved to be the case.

    Not sure if the water works at this site but I partially-filled the 20-gal freshwater tank in my camper a couple of days ago. The name & address is Sunrise RV Park at 2601 E Pine St. [Don't know how many sites they have, but I'd guess it's well over 100; perhaps they have a web site -- if so, will include a link.]
--
    The second low-priced site was Corte del Rey at 226 S. Huachuca Blvd in Huachuca City, AZ. I pulled in at 8:15 p.m. one night when one RV park in Sierra Vista was closed and I cudn't find the other there in the dark. While the office was closed, a park resident rousted out a fellow who acts as asst mgr; she told me while we were walking to his site that it would cost $20; it was $17, perhaps becuz I have a truck camper. [But carry cash since they don't take checks or debit/credit cards -- at least after the office closes.]
....
    The park is small with only 24 sites, but there were 4 or 5 sites open when pulled in the exit road and drove around to the entrance road. While some of the residents are not as neat as in larger sites with a set of rules rigorously enforced, the price was right!

Th 24 Feb Route: Silver City - Lordsburg, NM - Safford, AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment