Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Dick & JoAnne (Bock) Teman, Stevensville, Montana

Dick & JoAnne (Bock) Teman, Stevensville, Montana

Laurel Library, Montana
    Dick Teman (SCHS,'54) and JoAnne (Bock) Teman (SCHS,'57) on the front porch of their Stevensville, Montana ranch house on 3 July. I spent nearly a week with them, except for a few days above Lake Como when the weather got hot. And I got my first taste of antelope. I jokingly said, "Nice to meet a Teman with hair," when I first shook hands with Dick.

    This may be the better of the two photos. My thanks to Dick for shortening one of the tie-downs on my camper as well as making access to my gas tank possible without loosening a tie-down. And thanks to JoAnne for giving me some tangelos raised by brother-in-law Ted Teman (SCHS,'57), who either shaves his head or has his wife, Pat Wells (SCHS,'57) do it for him.

 

 


    Since it was 3 July the campgrounds at Salmon Lake on MT83 were full.

 

 

 

 

 

 


    Panning right....

 

 

 

 

 

 


    The upper or north end of Salmon Lake. The campground at nearby Placid Lake was also full, which caused me to "mush on" toward Seeley Lake.

 

 

 


    Because there was no map at the Seeley Lake USFS Ranger Station I chose a Forest Service road and drove til I got to a ridge-top where I could park on level ground. [Click once to enlarge; press ESC to return here.] Seeley Lake is just to the left of the tall, thin ponderosa pine with the dead top.

 

 


    The narrow dirt/gravel road with few wide-outs. (Note, flatlanders, the person coming downhill usually backs up to a point where an on-coming uphill-bound vehicle can pass.)

 

 

 

 


    A rocky peak in the distance contrasts with the intervening ridges covered with ponderosa pines and Douglas fir trees.

 

 

 

 


    The spot from which I saw the top part of the fireworks at Seeley Lake on the 4th of July while getting into my sleeping bag.

 

 

 


Links:
  • Dictionary.Com entry on tangelo
  • Seeley Lake, MT, Chamber of Commerce website

Return to Top of Page

Su 21 Jul Actual Route: Billings W/M - Hardin McDs - Hardin Truck Stop

M 22 Jul Actual Route: Hardin Truck Stop - Hardin Lib - Little Big Horn National Battlefield Monument - Sheridan W/M

T 23 Jul Actual Route: Sheridan W/M - Sheridan VA Hosp - Buffalo Lib - DeSmet Resv CG

W 24 Jul Actual Route: DeSmet Resv CG - Buffalo Lib - Circle Park USFS CG Rd bd

Th 25 Jul Actual Route: Circle Pk USFS CG Rd bd - Buffalo Lib - Gillette W/M

F 26 Jul Route: Gillette W/M - Moorcroft Lib - Devil's Tower Natl Mon CG

Sa 27 Jul Actual Route: Devil's Tower Natl Mon CG

Su 28 Jul Actual Route: Devil's Tower Natl Mon CG - Hulett - Sundance - Newcastle - WY/SD Border bd

M 29 Jul Actual Route: WY/SD Border bd - Jewel Cave Natl Mon - Custer - Mt Rushmore Natl Pk - Keystone - Hill City - Wind Cave Natl Park CG

T 30 Jul Actual Route: Wind Cave NP CG - Hot Springs Lib - Edgemont Lib - Lusk Lib - Lusk bd

W 31 Jul Route: Lusk bd - Lusk Lib - Douglas


Finding Campgrounds:

N.B. I receive nothing from Trailer Life, Woodalls, or FreeCampsites.net for including links to their free campground lookups.
--

No comments:

Post a Comment