Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Davis Creek CG to Genoa to Sonora Junction

Bridgeport, CA

    It finally happened: I lost some photos. Had been using a couple of batteries in my digital camera which were marginal, but the problem was obscured because I often downloaded photos to my laptop as soon as the camera's memory was full.
    However, today I neglected to download the photos I took in Genoa, Nevada's oldest town yesterday after I took the last photo which would fit in memory.

 

    After leaving Genoa, I got gas in Minden and forwarded some things from their library, and drove south. All USFS campgrounds appear to be closed for the season; hence, I parked just past the access road to Sonora Bridge CG on a wide-out CalTrans had created on CA108.
    These two photos are what I saw this morning from my camper: the West Fork of the Walker River. Looked for rises, but did not see any even though the stream likely has some fish left in it. Did see one fisherman who must have been a newbie since he was carrying his aluminum rod case in a backpack.
    Note that the aspen and willows have turned yellow; hope to get some photos of such in Yosemite later today.

--
Links:

T 18 Oct Actual Route: Davis Crk Pk - Carson City - Minden - Topaz Lake - Sonora Junction

W 19 Oct Actual Route: Sonora Junction - Bridgeport - Lee Vining - Yosemite - Pines CG (Groveland District of Stanislaus NF

W 20 Oct Actual Route: Pines CG - Greeley Hill - Coulterville - Sonora - East of Long Barn

Th 21 Oct Route: East of Long Barn - Mi-Wuk Village - Sonora - 3Links CG
--

Finding Campgrounds:

N.B. I receive nothing from Trailer Life or Woodalls for including links to their free campground lookups.

No comments:

Post a Comment