Thursday, August 25, 2011

Virtual Tour of Crater Lake National Park

Guerneville, CA

    I visited Crater Lake National Park on 29 & 30 July, approaching from Klamath Falls along US97. Because I took no photos yesterday on my drive from Lake Sonoma to Healdsburg to Guerneville, decided to post the many photos I took on my way to, through, around, and from Crater Lake as a "Virtual Tour" of one of the most scenic parks in Oregon.

    I hope to add IDs of such park features as Wizard Island, the Phantom Ship, among others, and then describe the miserable night I and another ROTC cadet spent trying to sleep in the parking lot at the lodge in early June

 

 

 

 

 

    You can always see an enlarged view of a particular shot by clicking 1 or 2 times on an image.

 

 

 

 

    Annie Creek Canyon.


--
Links:

  • National Park Service website for Crater Lake NP

W 24 Aug Actual Route: Lake Sonoma - Healdsburg - Guerneville

Th 25 Aug Actual Route: Guerneville - Sebastopol - Petaluma

F 26 Aug Actual Route: Petaluma - Sonoma - Napa

Sa 27 Aug Actual Route: Napa - Pleasant Hill - Mt Diablo State Park

Su 28 Aug Route: Mt Diablo SP - Livermore - Del Valle Reservoir CG

M 29 Aug Route: Del Valle CG - Milpitas - Palo Alto VA Hospital
--
Finding Campgrounds:

N.B. I receive nothing from Trailer Life or Woodalls for including links to their free campground lookups.












































































No comments:

Post a Comment